We consider the western region of Côte d'Ivoire as a potential great place for adventure travel activities such as trekking, climbing ans others, in Côte d'Ivoire. We present pictures from the Montagnes District (Mountain District), one of the 14 districts of Côte d'Ivoire.
The Mountain District is located in the west of the country and borders Guinea. There are two ecoregions, the Guinean mountain forest on the heights and the Sudanese western savannah on the plain. It includes the region of Guémon, Cavally and Tonkpi with the main cities: Man, Danané, Duekoué, Guiglo, Biankouma, Bangolo, Toulépleu. Man being the chief town.
- The Waterfalls: Waterfalls about 20 meters with a bridge of lianas can be discovered. It’s a wonderful place to rest.
- Dent de Man: This magnificent mountain with an elevation of 881 m high offers a superb view over the whole city of Man.
- Mount Tonkpi: It is the highest peak of the mountains in Man with an altitude of 1,123 m.
In this town there are liana bridges in the villages of Lieupleu and Vatouo.
- Typical traditional village of the habitat in Yacouba country
- Mount Sangbe National Park: 95,000 hectares of Cloud forest with 14 peaks over 1,000 meters high.
- Village of Gouessesso: Gouessesso is a place of mosaic culture which lets discover initiated hunters protected by special masks and accompanied by musicians.
- Snake charmers: These men play with poisonous reptiles without running a risk
- Children's Juggling: Grown men handle dangerously little initiates in a mystical acrobatic dance.
Source: Côte d'Ivoire Tourisme